FAMILY LAW MEDIATION:
What is Separating / Couples Divorce Dispute Mediation?
Separating couples /divorce dispute mediation is the process of mediating between a married couple which are in the process of separating / divorcing. The couple will seek out a third party in mediation in order to help them resolve conflicts and disputes that have arisen during the separation / divorce process.
Who needs Separating Couples /Divorce Mediation?
Separating couples /divorce mediation specialises in conflict resolution between married couples, in most cases the married couple will have a family and property / debts which will need to considered during the divorce proceedings.
Who uses mediation during a Separation / Divorce?
- Married couples with children: during a separation /divorce it is vital that the needs and issues around the guardianship of the children is considered.
- Married couples with no children: financial and asset ownership issues often arise during a separation / divorce process.
How does a mediator resolve conflicts for Separating Couples / Divorcing couples?
The ability for the mediator to provide the conflicting couple with a safe and constructive environment is the main impacting approach to resolving conflicts between separating / divorcing couples. Prior to third party mediation assistance couples will often conduct un-productive communication, the mediator will give a structure to the entire process.
Keys for the mediator during Separation / Divorce conflict resolution:
- Ensure s continuing amicable relationship between the couple
- Ensure a fair resolution is reached with the children in mind
- Ensure any financial assets are fairly handled during the process
Issues dealt with during separating Couples / Divorcing Couples (Family Law) Mediation
- Maintenance / Finances
- Separating Couples / Divorce
- Custody Access
- Grandparent / Extended Family Access